When it comes to vehicle theft, prevention is key. With some simple tips you can have peace of mind that you've done everything possible to keep your car safe.
Tips For Preventing Car or Vehicle Theft
As an Ontario driver you can't guarantee that your car or other vehicle will not be stolen – but you can take a few easy steps to prevent the likelihood of it happening. Here are some tips for making it more difficult for a thief to steal your car or truck and its contents:
- Always lock your vehicle and never leave the keys behind.
- Turn off your ignition whenever you leave your car.
- Avoid parking on the street wherever possible.
- Conceal or remove important items left in your car.
- Never leave money, phones or music players out in the open.
- Whenever possible, park your vehicle in a well-lit, well-guarded, highly visible area.
- Ask your neighbours to watch out for your vehicle and do the same for them.
- Install a theft deterrent such as a car alarm or an ignition disabler.
For tips and more information to help you avoid having your car broken into or stolen please contact the appropriate industry organization in your area.
Need Protection For Your Ride?
Whether it's a car, van, truck, motorcycle, boat, finding the right insurance package at the right rate is our commitment.