We can never fully prepare for the unexpected, especially when it comes to a car accident. With the right knowledge, you'll know the next steps and how to protect yourself with the right insurance coverage.
What to Do If You Are Involved In A Collision
Being involved in a car accident or collision can be a very stressful event. To help you protect both yourself and your interests, here are some basic tips:
- Call emergency services immediately.
- Do not admit liability.
- Record details of the accident including date, time, location, a description of the accident, any injuries, and any charges laid.
- Record details concerning the other party and vehicle such as owner's name and address, phone number, and vehicle year, make and model.
- It is very important to obtain the insurance information of the other driver, including the name of the insurance company, the policy number and the name of the broker or agent.
- Obtain a copy of the police report from the attending officer as this will have the accident report number for future reference.
These tips are general rules of thumb only, and may not fit all situations. For the definitive word, contact your insurance broker for more information.
Don't Get Caught Without Coverage
The most important thing is to know as a driver in Ontario is that you and your car are covered with the right auto insurance policy.
At McConville Omni, we'll take the time to educate you on your options, providing you with the right auto insurance package for your unique needs.
Give yourself peace of mind that, when you need it, we've got you and your car covered.